It's a bird...It's a plane...It's Super Armadillo!!
With the CASA Superhero Run 5K and Kids 1K coming up on September 16th, we wanted to inspire your DIY superhero costume creation! As part of our annual superhero costume contest we celebrate original superheroes invented by our participants. This year, we've invented some of our own Central Texas superheroes for our 5K bags and our Tek-Tees (for anyone who raises over $100 for kids)!
One of our original* Central Texas Superheroes is our Super Armadillo, and today we're showing you how to create an armadillo superhero mask (or any other original superhero you'd like)!
You Will Need:
- Black, Glitter Black, Glitter Silver, and Purple Silly Winks (or any craft foam)
- Hot glue and hot glue gun
- Silver ribbon
1. Outline black glitter Silly Wink with a plate roughly the size of your head. Make a "W" shape through the middle of the circle. Cut out the outline.
2. Outline the purple Silly Wink for the armadillo's forehead and ears. Cut out the outlines.
3. Outline the silver Silly Wink for the armadillo "stripes". Cut out the outlines.
4. Mark where you want your eyes to be on the back of the black glitter Silly Wink outline. Trace an almond-shaped eye hole around each marking. Using your pen, punch through the eye holes so you can cut along the almond-shaped tracings.
4. Using the hot glue gun, paste all objects together and wait to dry.
5. Cut two pieces of ribbon, each roughly 12 inches long and paste them to either side of the back of your armadillo mask.
6. Wait to dry.
7. Don the mask and you're ready to save the world!
Pro-tip 1: For your armadillo tail, use 3-4 hair ties to make several ponytails on the back of your head. Tie a piece of ribbon around each ponytail. If you don't have long hair, you can add a ribbon or craft foam tail onto the back of the mask.
Pro-tip 2: Register for the September 16th CASA Superhero Run soon before prices go up on August 31!
*We do want to note that Super Armadillo isn't a completely original character, as Marvel does have a character named Armadillo who happens to be from San Antonio!
CASA Superhero Run 2018 August