Family Finding (FF) Volunteers provide specialized support to a CASA volunteer in finding and engaging relatives, by conducting data-mining, reviewing case files, doing online research to locate disconnected relatives, and contacting relatives in an attempt to engage or re-engage them in the lives of children.
- Review case files and other records with a focus on identifying relatives and fictive kin for children
- Research family connections using online tools such as Google, social media and news sources
- Contact relatives and fictive kin to build family engagement and support
- Build and maintain a genogram for the family using information gathered
- Develop recommendations for the court regarding family connections and engagement