(Not accepting new volunteers for this role at this time)
Early Family Engagement (EFE) Volunteers focus on ensuring that children remain connected to their families from the earliest stage of a CPS case. This short-term, fast-paced role conducts initial visits and assessments with children, their caregivers, their parents, and other relatives, to represent CASA at the first case hearing.
- Meet in person with the child or children prior to the initial hearing
- Interview the parents prior to the initial hearing
- Research family connections
- Contact and interview relatives
- Appear at initial hearing to advocate for the child(ren)’s best interest