Questions about the application process?
Take a look at our Application FAQs!
Before you apply, please review the following to confirm basic eligibility for volunteering with CASA of Travis County:
- I am 21 years old (or I will be turning 21 years old before the conclusion of my desired training cycle)
- I agree to complete a variety of extensive background checks
- I agree to list my entire criminal history including ALL arrests, charges, and convictions, even if the charge was dismissed and expunged. (Not all criminal charges are an automatic bar from service; applications are reviewed on a case-by-case basis to confirm in accordance with CASA's policies. You will be contacted directly by the Director of Volunteer Admissions if further clarification is needed. )
- I am not currently involved with Child Protective Services as a parent/guardian
- I am not currently fostering a non-family member who is in the managing conservatorship of the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services
- I agree to complete the required 39 hours of training (2021 training schedules can be viewed here.)
- I understand that, while every case is unique, volunteers spend an average of 15-20 hours per month on their casework
- I understand that, while every case is unique, the average case is 17 months in length and that I am expected to commit to this timeline
I agree with CASA of Travis County's Disproportionality statement below:
CASA of Travis County recognizes the disproportionate representation and disparate treatment of children and families of color in the child welfare system. As a partner of the Travis County Model Court for Children and Families, CASA of Travis County is committed to anti-racist work through education and advocacy.
I agree with CASA of Travis County's Ethics Statement below:
It is CASA’s duty to promote the safety and well-being of the children we serve. We shall protect children from abuse and from practices that are emotionally and physically damaging, disrespectful, degrading, dangerous, exploitative, or intimidating.