CASA of Travis County exists to promote and protect the best interest of children who have been abused or neglected, by training volunteers to advocate for them in courts, in schools and in our community to help them find safe, permanent and loving homes.
For every child who needs us, CASA of Travis County envisions a trained volunteer advocate, a safe home and a promising future.
It is CASA’s duty to promote the safety and well-being of the children we serve. We shall protect children from abuse and from practices that are emotionally and physically damaging, disrespectful, degrading, dangerous, exploitive or intimidating.
In working to achieve our vision, we act on the following core values:
- Excellence in all our endeavors.
- Inclusiveness, diversity, respect for all cultures and ethnicities: for children, families, volunteers, staff, Board, and supporters.
- Empowering the community through strong screening, training, supervision and support of volunteers.
- Honorable and respectful involvement in the child welfare system, with the courts and all parties.
- Independent and educated recommendations, true to our understanding of each child’s best interest, that prioritize children’s safety and, wherever possible, preserve connections to their families.
- Responsible use of resources to maximize our positive impact on the child welfare system.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
In order to provide the best quality advocacy for children in our community, we believe that we must be responsive to the needs of everyone who may provide, receive or be affected by our services. To that end, all policies, practices and recommendations are administered without discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender, gender identity and gender expression, marital status, physical abilities or national origin.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusiveness
CASA of Travis County recognizes that creating a diverse and inclusive organization is a means toward creation of a more effective and more powerful voice for the children we serve. We strive for an organization that better reflects the demographics of our community and of the children we serve. We also work to ensure that everyone who wishes to serve children, no matter their cultural, educational, ethnic or socioeconomic background, is welcome and is empowered with knowledge and experiences to be confident and competent in helping children and families from backgrounds different than their own.